Maybe These Will Help!
What does Escape do?
Escape propels youth and their families towards thriving with relationships, resources, and opportunities. Our main programs work to this end:
- ASAP - Students who are suspended or expelled from school can complete their courses at Escape to put them on track to graduate.
- Career Connections - Youth ages 14-17 work all summer to earn money, learn skills, build relationships, and propel them towards careers.
- Westside Boxing - We emphasize mental, physical, and socio-emotional health come through boxing, life coaching, and relationships.
- Tutoring - After the school day, Escape staff and volunteers help middle- and high-school students complete homework and deepen their learning.
- Sisterhood & Brotherhood - Our girls' and guys' groups focus on growing in faith, identity, and community in small groups.
Who can come to Escape?
Most Escape programs are open to all students in grades 6th-12th. We are especially a resource to students who have experienced difficulty in their lives and/or in traditional school settings.
Westside Boxing is open to ages 5-100.
Career Connections is open to youth ages 14-17, as of July 1 of that year.
Where does Escape get its funding?
Escape is a 501c(3) non-profit, and our funding comes mostly from individual donors, as well as churches, businesses, and grants.
Are you still taking cans & bottles?
Yes! Cans & Bottles can be left in the Escape parking lot in (or next to) the white trailer.
The profits help support youth jobs, education program, and improving our facility!
Is Escape a Christian organization?
Escape is rooted in the Gospel of Jesus, and we grab hands with students, families, and community partners from all different traditions and beliefs to empower students towards growth, peace, and hope. In this, we find the kingdom of God. In this, people of any faith can participate and serve meaningfully at Escape, so long their interactions communicate in the same spirit of love, hope, and unity that is found in the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
What volunteer opportunities are there at Escape?
- Van Drivers and Van Riders - we make 15-20 weekly rounds to pick up or drop off our students, with 2 adults in the vehicle for safety. Help is always needed, 8am, 1pm, 2pm, or 5pm!
- Tutors - Mornings or Afternoons
- Meal Providers - We provide 10 meals or snacks each week in our programs, we'd love your help!
- Receptionists - help receive visitors, direct phone calls, and assist with office tasks
- Gym Assistant - Help Coach Ruben train athletes, care for equipment, and create a great gym environment.
- And More! We'd love to hear about your gifts and passions and see where you might be able to help Escape invest deeply in youth and their families! Visit the "Get Involved" page to learn more.
Still have questions?
Email us and we will get back with you shortly!